48 Hours In: Berlin
Berlin, where to begin with this city?
Well I must confess one of the reasons I picked Berlin for my city break was to check off a hotel from my "hotel bucket list," yes I am weird enough to have a folder dedicated to all of the hotels I want to visit! Hotel Zoo on Kurfurstendamm was everything I expected it to be, but with a "catwalk" designed by Diane Von Furstenburg, linen from Maison Martin Margiela and a bar so busy you had to be "in" or at least staying at the hotel to get into, it really wasn't going to fall short. Whilst a few people have told me I should have stayed in Mitte I'm glad that I chose the area I stayed in, with Uber and the minefield of German public transport (is this how people feel on the tube in London?) I really was not far from anything... although I do walk fast.
- Hotel Zoo - If you love a bit of craziness and design then this is the place for you, not to mention the Grace bar is fantastic
- Crackers - Good luck finding this restaurant, housed in a former nightclub near the Brandenburg Gate
- Solar Skybar - Watch Berlin come alive below you from the comfort of a swing in a skybar, whats not to love?
- Chen Che Teehaus - Because asian food really is amazing
- Potsdam - If you're a History of Art nerd like myself you'll appreciate a day out in Potsdam amongst the brilliant Rococo & Baroque palaces
- Mitte, whilst I didn't stay in this district of Berlin it's pretty cool and there are some great stores