Ubud Spiced Salad
Is anyone else missing summer, or is it just me? I can't say I'm a big fan of this whole being cold thing, but now that it's finally started to warm up I thought I'd share my favourite salad of the summer. It's one of those dishes that goes perfectly with just about anything, so long as it's been cooked on a BBQ and the sun is shining. It's the perfect accompaniment to any lightly flavoured BBQ dish you choose to make, whether it's there perfect veggie skewers, garlic tossed chicken, or freshly caught fish.
Ubud Spice Salad
- large handful of mixed salad
- handful of chopped coriander
- 2 small spring onions thinly sliced
- small handful of radishes
- 1 small mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed (we choose the avocado in relation to the size of the mango as you don't want either ingredient to over power the other)
- handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds (toasted or not)
- 2 tbsp of homemade sweet chilli sauce (we'll be posting our favourite recipe for this soon)
- 2 lemon grass stalks, very thinly sliced with tough outer layers removed
- 2 thinly chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 lime
- Combine the sweet chilli sauce, lemon grass stalks, garlic cloves, a pinch of finely chopped coriander, fish sauce and a squeeze of lime juice into jug/small cup suitable for mixing to make dressing. Mix well to combine all ingredients.
- In a separate bowl place the mixed salad, spring onions, radishes, mango, avocado and cherry tomatoes, toss salad lightly so ingredients are better dispersed in bowl.
- Sprinkle the rest of the coriander over the top of the salad and then pour the salad dressing evenly over the salad and top with sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don't put the dressing on the salad until the last minute before serving, this helps to keep the salad fresh and crunchy.